|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven
2. Prepare loaf tin by greasing it and covering it with flour.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into a bowl and add the sugar. Mix well till completely combined
4. Whip the egg yolks with milk in another bowl to make a smooth mix.
5. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and tip in the yeast mixture and yolk mixture and beat well to blend to smooth dough.
6. Crush the walnuts and mix into the dough and then put the dough into the prepared loaf tin
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes and then invert tin on to a folded napkin and raise tin.
8. Remove from oven and set aside to cool
9. Serve warm or at room temperature
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.9 mg17.3%
Sodium 707.4 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 27.3% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet