Round Raisin Whole Wheat Bread
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut up|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Whole-wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, beat together buttermilk, egg, molasses, oil, and sugar until well blended.
2) Stir in raisins and nuts.
3) In another bowl sift together the flours, baking powder, and baking soda.
4) Gently stream in the buttermilk mixture, stirring constantly until the well mixed.
5) Transfer the flour mixture in to the bread tin.
6) Cover lightly with the foil and put the tin in slow cooker.
7) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread, comes out clean.
8) Remove the bread tin from the cooker and allow to cool for 20 minutes in the mold.
9) Turn the mold upside down to remove the bread.
10) Place the bread on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
11) Slice the bread and serve warm.