Whole Wheat Batter Bread
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Nonfat dry milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Unsifted)|
1) Take a 9 inch tube pan meant for angel food cake or a Kugelhopf mold and grease it.
2) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
3) Take a large bowl and combine milk powder, yeast, brown sugar, oil and salt in it. Add warm milk and beat for about 30 seconds or until well blended.
4) Take a medium bowl and combine whole wheat and all-purpose flour in it.
5) Add 1/2 cup flour to the yeast mixture and blend for about 1 minute. Add the remaining flour and blend until sticky and heavy batter is formed.
6) Place the batter in the prepared pan and cover with greased wax paper or towel. Leave it aside for 20 minutes or until the batter turns double in bulk.
7) Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until bread begins to sound hollow upon being tapped. Remove bread from pan and transfer on a wire rack for cooling.
8) Serve bread at lunch or dinner.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2931 Calories from Fat 675
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.6%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg21.2%
Sodium 2558.6 mg106.6%
Total Carbohydrates 475 g158.4%
Dietary Fiber 33.5 g134.1%
Sugars 135 g
Protein 100 g200.2%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 160.3% Iron 123.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet