Pumpkin Tea Bread
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), pureed (Or Canned)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Lightly coat a 7-cup bread mold with butter.
2) In a bowl, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, spices, and salt, until light and fluffy.
3) Stir the pumpkin in the sugar mixture.
4) In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
5) Slowly beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
6) Transfer the flour mixture into the bread mold.
7) Lightly cover the mold with foil.
8) Place in a slow cooker on high heat.
9) Cook for 2 to 3 hours or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread, comes out clean.
10) While cooking do not open the lid.
11) Remove the bread tin from the cooker and allow to cool for 30 minutes in the mold.
12) Turn the mold upside down to remove the bread.
13) Place the bread on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
14) Slice the bread and serve warm with whipped cream if desired.