|Stoneground wholemeal flour||1 1⁄2 Pound (680 Grams)|
|Soya flour||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Fresh yeast/1/2 ounce / 15 grams dried||1 Ounce|
|Lukewarm water||1 Pint (570 Milliliter)|
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
3. Grease loafing tins with fat.
4. Whisk yeast in a little of the water and pour into well in the flour.
5. Add remaining water and mix thoroughly first with a spoon and then kneading slightly by hand.
6. Form into two small loaves, using a little more flour if the mixture has been too wet.
7. Place in greased tins and leave in a warm place to rise for about 15 minutes, covering with a cloth or putting in a polythene bag.
8. Bake 1 hour in the preheated temperature w to commence, then allow to fall to 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
9. Make dough but using only half quantity.
10. Add 3 oz (85 g) raw cane sugar, 2 02 (85 g) white fat and 4 oz (115 g) of any dried fruits, also a little spice if liked.
11. Allow a little longer time for rising than for the bread.
12. If possible leave it to rise 15 minutes before shaping.
13. Then knead slightly, put in tin and leave a further 10 minutes.
14. Use the dough in recipes as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3059 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.9%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2346.6 mg97.8%
Total Carbohydrates 552 g184%
Dietary Fiber 91.2 g364.7%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 139 g278.1%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 64.3% Iron 153.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet