Christmas Pear Bread
|Corn oil||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pears||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
3) In a large bowl, mix the oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
4) In another bowl, combine the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Keep aside 1/4 cup of the dry ingredients. Add the dry into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
5) Take the chopped pears and drizzle the lemon juice over them. Mix them with the pecans. Add into the reserved dry ingredients. Fold well.
6) Fold the pears and nuts into the batter. Mix well.
7) Transfer the batter into the loaf pan.
8) Bake for 60 minutes.
9) Let the bread cool down in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes.
10) Serve the Christmas Pear Bread at room temperature. Serve butter on the side.