Round Pumpernickel Sandwich Bread
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1) Place the slow cooker over high heat.
2) Lightly coat a 5-cup bread mold with butter.
3) In a large bowl, soak the yeast in water.
4) Stir molasses, salt, oil, and all-purpose flour, until smooth.
5) Put the lid and allow to stand in warm place for 30 minutes.
6) Add rye flour and caraway seeds in the molasses mixture.
7) Dust some flour on the working table.
8) Place the dough on the working table and knead lightly for 3 minutes or until smooth.
9) Put the dough in the bread mold up to barely fit under lid of the covered slow cooker.
10) Place the bread mold in the slow cooker.
11) Put the lid on and cook over heat for 2 hours or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread, comes out clean.
12) While cooking do not open the lid.
13) Remove the bread tin from the cooker and allow to cool for 30 minutes in the mold.
14) Turn the mold upside down to remove the bread.
15) Place the bread on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
16) Slice the bread and serve warm.