Potato Wholemeal Bread
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, freshly boiled and sieved (250 Gram)|
|100% wholemeal flour||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram)|
|Potato water||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||10 Milliliter (1 Level Dessertspoon)|
|Yeast||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Salt||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) In a bowl, combine the potatoes, hot water, sugar, and butter and stir till well blended and cool to lukewarm.
2) Crumble in the yeast and mix and allow to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3) Slowly add in the flour and salt to make a soft non-sticky dough.
4) Knead till smooth and elastic.
5) Stand in a large bowl and cover with a clean cloth.
6) Put in a warm place and allow to rise till double the original size.
7) Knead again and shape into two loaves.
8) Add the dough into greased tins.
9) Cover and allow to rise till double the bulk.
10) Place in oven at 450°F (230°C), Gas Mark 8, and bake for 15 minutes.
11) Slice and serve topped with butter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2665 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9463.9 mg394.3%
Total Carbohydrates 551 g183.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 78 g156.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet