|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), scalded|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, pour warm water (110° Fahrenheit) and soak yeast in water.
2. Let the milk cool down until lukewarm.
3. Add milk to yeast mixture; keep aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit before baking.
5. In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
6. Gradually add one egg at a time and beat after every addition.
7. Alternately add flour-salt mixture and yeast mixture to creamed mixture and beat well after each addition; beat until smooth.
8. Cover bowl and let dough sit in a warm place for about 1 hour for rising.
9. Punch down dough and place in a well greased 10 inch tube pan.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and crusty.
11. Slice and serve hot Sally Lunn with meat dish or with salads.