Banana Apricot Nut Bread
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mashed ripe banana||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Lightly grease a 8X4X2-inch loaf pan.
3) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
4) Fold in the dried apricots and walnuts. Mix well.
5) In another bowl, mix together the mashed banana, milk, egg and butter.
6) Add the above wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well.
7) Transfer the batter into a 8X4X2-inch loaf pan.
9) Bake the bread for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The bread is done when it starts to break away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick pricked into the centre of the cake must come out clean, too.
10) Let the bread cool down in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes.
11) Serve the Banana Apricot Nut Bread at room temperature. Serve butter on the side, if desired.