Fruity Nut Bread
|Uncooked quick cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Apples||3⁄4 Pound, halved, cored & coarsely shredded (2 Medium Sized)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Lightly flour and grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 3/4 pan.
3) Take a large bowl and sift together baking powder, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and flour.
3) Add oats, brown sugar, raisins and pecans.
4) Take a small bowl and mix together milk, eggs and butter in it.
5) Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix nicely together.
6) Stir in the apples and mix with a fork just until the mixture is thoroughly moistened and all liquid is absorbed.
7) Place the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until tester comes out clean upon being inserted at the center. Place the bread on the wire rack along with the pan and allow cooling to take place for 10 minutes. Thereafter, remove bread from the pan and cool completely. Wrap in a plastic sheet and store overnight.
8) Serve with jam and cream, if desired.