Fresh Apple and Spice Pecan Bread
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped tart apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9X5X2-inch loaf pan and line it with waxed paper. Put aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add in the brown sugar and beat till the mixture becomes fluffy.
3) Add in the eggs, one by one, and beat for about 2 minutes.
4) Add in the sour cream and apples into the batter.
5) Into a large bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in a cup of pecans.
6) Add the dry ingredients into the rest of the batter. Mix thoroughly.
7) Transfer the apple batter into the loaf pan. Smoothen the top of the batter. Let the batter rest inside the mould for 20 minutes.
8) Bake the bread for about 75 minutes. To check if the bread has baked, insert a toothpick into the centre of the bread. It must come out clean.
9) Let the bread cool down in its mould for 15 minutes.
10) Serve the Fresh Apple And Spice Pecan Bread, with a bowl of butter on the side.