Onion Batter Bread
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Light brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105 To 115)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1) Take a 2-quart glass casserole or soufflÃ© dish and lightly grease it.
2) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
3) Take a medium size skillet and melt butter in it. Add onions and sautÃ© until lightly brown. Keep it aside.
4) In a bowl, mix yeast with 2 cup water and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Stir for 10 minutes or until yeas dissolves completely.
5) Take a saucepan and heat milk in it until small bubbles start appearing around the edges.
6) In a large bowl combine milk with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and salt. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
7) Stir in sautÃ©ed onions, flour, egg and yeast mixture. Blend with an electric mixer at low speed for about 3 minutes or longer.
8) Pour batter in the prepared dish and cover with greased wax paper and a towel. Leave aside in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until it turns double in size.
9) Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until bread begins to sound hollow upon being tapped at the bottom. Remove from dish and place on wire rack to cool.
10) Brush the bread with butter and serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3392 Calories from Fat 710
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.2%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 398.6 mg132.9%
Sodium 2183.3 mg91%
Total Carbohydrates 576 g191.8%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.3%
Sugars 86.7 g
Protein 90 g179.1%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 57.1% Iron 181.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet