Festive Holiday Bread
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||3 , sliced|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Slightly grease two 8X4X2-inch loaf pans.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together till it becomes light and fluffy.
4) Add in the eggs and sliced bananas. Beat well.
5) In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder. Mix well.
6) Into the dry ingredients, fold in the nuts, chocolate chips, dates and cherries.
7) Transfer the batter into the two loaf pans.
8) Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. To check if the bread has baked, insert a toothpick into the centre of the bread. It must come out clean.
9) Let the bread cool down to room temperature. Once cooled, wrap the bread. Let the bread rest overnight.
10) Slice the Frestive Holiday Bread and serve with butter on the side.