Apricot Pecan Bread
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mashed banana||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
1. In a bowl, mix flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keeaside.
2. Using a hand blender, cream butter; gradually add sugar, whisking well.
3. Break in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a different bowl, mix banana and milk; pour into the creamed mixture. Then pour everything into the dry ingredients.
5. Mix in apricots and pecans.
6. Transfer batter into a greased and floured 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-x 3-inch loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until when a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let the bread cool in pan 10 minutes.
9. Take away from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
10. Make slices and serve with cream and tea.
Calories 817 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.6 mg55.9%
Sodium 658.6 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 52.3 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 0.7%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet