Round Light Rye Sandwich Bread
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (105-115 F)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1) Place the slow cooker over high heat.
2) Lightly coat a 5-cup bread mold with butter.
3) In a large bowl, soak the yeast in warm water.
4) Stir in the molasses, oil, seeds, and all-purpose flour.
5) Mix well until smooth.
6) Put the lid on the bowl and leave in a warm for ½ hour.
7) Add rye flour and salt in the molasses mixture.
8) Lightly dust a working table.
9) Knead the dough on the working table for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
10) Place the dough in the bread mold.
11) Put the bread mold in the slow cooker.
12) Put the lid and cook over high heat for 2 hours.
13) While cooking do not remove the lid, even if the dough raises and touches it.
14) Bread is done when a small knife or a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread, comes out clean.
15) Remove the bread and allow to cool slightly in the mold for 30 minutes.
16) Invert the mold and shake to remove the bread.
17) Place on the wire rack to cool completely.
18) Slice and serve warm with butter.