Herbed Apple Cornbread Stuffing
|Instant minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornbread cubes||24 Ounce, toasted (7 Cups, 1 Pound 8 Ounce)|
|Peeled diced apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Sage leaves||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Whole eggs||2 , beaten|
|Chicken broth/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a custard cup, combine water and instant onion. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
2) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
3) Take a large bowl and mix together apple, cornbread, parsley, sage, thyme, onion and black pepper. Also, add eggs and butter. Mix all the ingredients together. 1/2 cup chicken broth can be added to the mixture if a somewhat moist stuffing is desired.
4) Use the prepared mixture to stuff the turkey.
5) Place the stuffed bird on a 2-quart casserole and cover. Bake for about 1 hour.
6) Serve at lunch or dinner.