Whole Wheat Crepes
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter, More If Needed)|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (25 Gram)|
|Clarified butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram, More If Needed)|
1. In a bowl, sift plain flour and add to it whole wheat flour. This is the first step for making the batter.
2. Form a well in centre of flour and pour half the milk with salt.
3. Whisk properly for making a smooth mixture.
4. Add eggs and do not overheat the batter, else it will become elastic and crepes will harden.
5. Further, add melted butter with half remaining milk.
6. Cover the lid and allow the batter to stand for 1-2 hours to thicken it a bit.
7. For frying the crepes, first add remaining milk to make the consistency of the batter like that of thin cream.
8. Grease the crepe pan with clarified butter or oil.
9. Heat the pan until a drop of batter dropped in the pan sizzles.
10. Then, add 2-3 tablespoons batter in the pan. Keep turning it constantly in order to coat bot sides evenly.
11. Cook over medium-high flame until crepe is browned on the bottom.
12. Use a metal spatula to turn and place the crepes onto a plate.
13. Continue with remaining batter. Grease the pan whenever the crepes start to stick.
14. Pile cooked crepes one above the other so that the ones at the bottom remain moist and warm.