Prune Bread And Meringue Pudding
|Scalded milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Stale bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prune butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, melt better in hot scalded milk
2. In another bowl, break eggs, save one egg white for meringue. Lightly beat the eggs, add sugar, salt, lemon juice, lemon rind and mix well.
3. Add the milk mixture gradually into the egg mixture, stirring robustly.
4. In a small casserole dish, spread the bread cubes, and pour the mixture over it.
5. Place casserole in a baking dish with water.
6. In a preheated oven bake at 180 degrees centigrade for about 60 minutes, until well set. Allow to cool.
7. In a bowl, stiffly beat the saved egg white, until light and fluffy. Dot the pudding with prune butter and cover with the beaten egg white.
8. Brown the top of the pudding under a broiler, until golden brown.
9. Serve warm.