Prune Bread and Meringue Pudding
|Scalded milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Stale bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prune butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, melt better in hot scalded milk
2. In another bowl, break eggs, save one egg white for meringue. Lightly beat the eggs, add sugar, salt, lemon juice, lemon rind and mix well.
3. Add the milk mixture gradually into the egg mixture, stirring robustly.
4. In a small casserole dish, spread the bread cubes, and pour the mixture over it.
5. Place casserole in a baking dish with water.
6. In a preheated oven bake at 180 degrees centigrade for about 60 minutes, until well set. Allow to cool.
7. In a bowl, stiffly beat the saved egg white, until light and fluffy. Dot the pudding with prune butter and cover with the beaten egg white.
8. Brown the top of the pudding under a broiler, until golden brown.
9. Serve warm.
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 372.1 mg124%
Sodium 555.6 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 51.8 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet