Casserole Dill Bread
Warm water - 1/4 cup
Creamed cottage cheese - 1 cup, luke warm
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Onion - 1 tablespoon, minced
Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon
Dried dill - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Egg - 1, at room temperature
Flour - 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups, sifted
1) Preheat the oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In water, soften the yeast.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the cheese, sugar, onion, dill, butter, salt, egg, soda along with the softened yeast. Mix well.
4) Stir in just enough flour to make a stiff dough ball. Beat well after each flour addition. At this point, the dough will be sticky.
5) In a greased bowl, place the dough and grease the top.
6) Cover the dough and let it rise for about 1 to 1 ½ hours in a warm place. The dough will double in volume.
7) Punch the dough down and turn it into a greased 8-inch round casserole. Let it rise once again till doubled, about 40 minutes.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, till golden brown in color.
9) While the bread is still warm, brush it with some butter and salt, if preferred.
10) Transfer the bread to a serving plate, slice it while still a little warm and serve as and when preferred. To store, place in an air tight container.