Bean and Butter Bread
All-purpose flour - 4 cups
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Dark molasses - 1/3 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
Peanut butter - 1/3 cup
Egg - 1 eggwhite, beaten
Water- 1 cup, hot (120 to 130 degrees)
Active dry yeast - 3 packets
Granulated sugar - 3 tablespoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon
1) Take a blender and place kidney beans, molasses, egg, sugar, peanut butter and salt in it. Blend until a smooth paste is formed.
2) Pour in a large mixing bowl and stir in hot water. Combine yeast along with the all-purpose flour and mix well. Add the whole wheat flour and knead well to form stiff but smooth and elastic dough. Shape the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover it loosely.
3) Wait for the dough to become double in size by placing it in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours.
4) Shape the dough into 2 large loaves and place on greased cookie sheets or in greased 9x5-inch loaf pans.
5) Combine egg white with two tablespoons of water to form an egg wash. Brush on loaves by making diagonal slashes, 1/8 inch deep about 2 1/2 inches apart, with the help of a sharp knife.
6) Bake in a pre-heated oven for 55 minutes at 350-degree temperature or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped. Place on wire racks to cool.
7) Serve with your favorite bread-spread and simply enjoy!