Cranberry Nut Bread
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crisco||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Using a sieve, sift flour with 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and soda; keep aside.
3. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
4. In a small saucepan, mix cranberries with 1/2 cup sugar.
5. Over medium heat, cook for about 8-10 minutes until sauce bubbles; drain.
6. In the meantime, grate orange peel and juice orange.
7. Into a measuring cup, take juice and peel, pour water until cup is ¾ full.
8. In a large bowl, put together dry ingredients mixture, orange peel and juice, Crisco and eggs; blend well.
9. Add drained cranberries and nuts; mix with folding movements.
10. Into the prepared pan, pour the mixture and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
11. Let the cake cool down completely.
12. Spread softened cream cheese on top, slice and serve.