Cranberry Nut Bread
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crisco||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Using a sieve, sift flour with 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and soda; keep aside.
3. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
4. In a small saucepan, mix cranberries with 1/2 cup sugar.
5. Over medium heat, cook for about 8-10 minutes until sauce bubbles; drain.
6. In the meantime, grate orange peel and juice orange.
7. Into a measuring cup, take juice and peel, pour water until cup is ¾ full.
8. In a large bowl, put together dry ingredients mixture, orange peel and juice, Crisco and eggs; blend well.
9. Add drained cranberries and nuts; mix with folding movements.
10. Into the prepared pan, pour the mixture and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
11. Let the cake cool down completely.
12. Spread softened cream cheese on top, slice and serve.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 425 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 45.8 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet