Luscious Lemon Bread With Almond Lemon Glaze
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 , grated|
|Frozen lemonade concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Half-and-half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|For almond-lemon glaze|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with the help of an electric mixer.
3) Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after every addition.
4) Add the lemonade and lemon rind. Beat well.
5) Sift together the baking powder, salt and flour. Add to the batter.
6) Add the half-and-half, vanilla and pecans. Blend the ingredients together well.
7) Into 2 greased loaf pans of 9x5x3-inches, pour the batter evenly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
9) While the bread is baking, make the Almond Lemon Glaze. Combine together the sugar, butter, lemon juice and extracts.
10) Mix well. If required, thin by adding some milk.
11) Cool the baked breads in the pan first and then remove from the pan.
12) Drizzle the Almond lemon Glaze all over.
13) Place the breads on a serving plate, slice and then serve as and when preferred. Can be served as a dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7158 Calories from Fat 3375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 388 g597.3%
Saturated Fat 185.5 g927.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1585 mg528.3%
Sodium 3988.7 mg166.2%
Total Carbohydrates 839 g279.6%
Dietary Fiber 28.2 g112.8%
Sugars 412.9 g
Protein 102 g204.5%
Vitamin A 187.5% Vitamin C 62.3%
Calcium 222.6% Iron 182.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet