Tomato Mozzarella Bread
|Italian bread loaf||16 Ounce, unsliced (1 Loaf)|
|Melted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Dried whole basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||2 2⁄3 Ounce, shredded (2/3 Cup)|
1. Slice bread in half crosswise reserving one-half for other uses.
2. Slice remaining bread in half lengthwise.
3. On a baking sheet place bread slices, and broil 6 inches from heating element until lightly browned.
4. In a cup or a bowl combine margarine and olive oil and brush over bread slices.
5. Arrange tomato slices evenly over bread and sprinkle with basil.
6. Top with shredded cheese and broil 6 inches from heating element until cheese melts.
7. Serve the Tomato Mozzarella Bread hot with sauce, ketchup or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1819 Calories from Fat 594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g90.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 3130.8 mg130.5%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g80.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.8%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 61 g121.9%
Vitamin A 74.4% Vitamin C 54.7%
Calcium 102.8% Iron 85%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet