|Plain flour||1 Pound|
|Yeast/1/2 ounce dry yeast||1 Ounce|
|Orange||1 , minced or finely chopped|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Pint|
1. In a large jug, mix the water and the honey and sprinkle the yeast on top of the jug. Set the jug aside till it turns frothy
2. Preheat the oven to 400° F
3. Sieve the flour, salt and sugar into a warm bowl
4. Add the yeast, minced orange peel, juice and the beaten egg and mix well.
5. Mix to form a soft dough and allow to rise for about one hour or more till required.
6. Tip on to a floured board, and knead lightly.
7. Cut the dough into 2 loaves, and place each ball into well-greased 1-lb bread tins and then set them aside to prove for 40 minutes.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
9. Glaze with melted butter and bake again