Whole Wheat Batter Bread
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (105 to 115 Degree F)|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Reduced calorie margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Coat 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf-pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl dissolve yeast in water and 1 tablespoon honey and stir well.
4. Let stand 5 minutes or until foamy.
5. In a large bowl combine yeast mixture, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, salt and margarine.
6. Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
7. In another bowl combine remaining flours, stirring well, scraping sides of bowl.
8. With cover let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, until doubled in bulk.
9. Stir dough down beating 25 strokes by hand.
10. Spread batter into cooking spray coated loaf-pan.
11. Smooth top with floured hands and pat into shape.
12. With cover let it rise until doubled in bulk.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until loaf sounds hollow when rapped.
14. Make slices of the loaf and serve for breakfast with spreads, by toasting or as desired.