Honey and Banana Tea Bread
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Chopped walnuts||3 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Glace cherries||3 Ounce, halved (15 gram)|
|Bananas||1 Pound, peeled and mashed (450 gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Lemon||1 Small, juiced|
1) Take a 1 kg/2 lb loaf tin and grease it or line with greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment.
2) Heat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F or Gas Mark 4) .
3) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
4) Sift together the flour, spice(s) and salt, then fold into the creamed mixture until evenly blended.
5) Stir in the remaining ingredients, mix well, then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
6) Bake in a preheated moderate oven for 1 hour, then reduce the heat to 160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3 and bake for a further 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7) Let the loaf to cool in the tin, then turn out and remove the paper lining.
8) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
9) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the loaf in wrapping at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
11) Slice the loaf and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3905 Calories from Fat 1444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g251.1%
Saturated Fat 66.9 g334.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg222.3%
Sodium 3460.3 mg144.2%
Total Carbohydrates 574 g191.5%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.6%
Sugars 311.7 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 113%
Calcium 101% Iron 105.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet