Fruity Tea Bread
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Mixed spice||1 Pinch|
|Sugar||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce, chopped (50 gram)|
|Golden syrup||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Milk||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
1) Grease a 450g/1 lb loaf tin.
2) Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4).
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, add the sugar and rub until mixture is crumbly.
4) Add sultanas, cherries, syrup and enough milk to make a smooth dough.
5) In the prepared tin, spoon the mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated moderate oven for 50 minutes to hours until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
7) Let the loaf to cool in the tin, then turn out and remove the paper lining.
8) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
9) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the loaf in wrapping at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
11) Slice the loaf and serve.