Walnut And Orange Tea Bread
|Golden syrup||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Orange squash||30 Milliliter, undiluted (2 tablespoons)|
|Self raising flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied peel||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Chopped walnuts||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
1) Take two 450 g/1 lb loaf tins, grease them well and line with non-stick parchment.
2) Heat the oven moderately to 190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5).
1) Put the syrup, sugar, butter and orange squash in a pan and heat gently until melted, stirring occasionally.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour and cinnamon, stir in the peel and walnuts and make a well in the centre.
3) In the centre of the flour, put the eggs, then gradually add the melted mixture, stirring constantly.
4) Beat well until the mixture is smooth.
5) In the prepared tins, pour the batter.
6) Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean.
7) Transfer to a wire rack, remove the paper lining and leave to cool.
8) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
9) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the loaf at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
11) Cut it into slices and serve.