Pineapple Raisin Bread
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Soft butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple tin||20 Ounce, drained|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° before baking the cake.
2) In a bowl, beat in sugar, butter and unbeaten eggs.
3) Fold in drained pineapple and 1/2 cup of pineapple juice, into the egg mixture.
4) Add this to sifted dry ingredients and prepare smooth batter.
5) Fold in raisins.
6) In a well greased, 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan place the batter.
7) Allow the batter to stand for 20 minutes.
8) Place the pan inside the oven to bake for about 1 hour.
9) Let the bread cool at room temperature.
10) Serve the bread by slicing. Pass fruit jam or bread spread on side.