|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs) (more for kneading)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees before baking the bread.
2) In a bowl, combine Crisco, butter and sugar.
3) Scald milk and pour over dry ingredients while adding water.
4) In a bowl of 1/4 cup warm water, dissolve yeast.
5) Add the yeast mixture into other mixture, when it comes to be lukewarm.
6) Add 2 cups flour and add salt, to beat into a smooth mixture.
7) Add remaining flour and knead to a smooth and elastic dough on a floured board.
8) In a greased bowl, place the dough and cover with a cloth.
9) Allow the dough to rise until double in bulk for about 1 ½ hours.
10) Punch down, knead and place in the bowl to rise.
11) Divide the dough into 2 loaves.
12) In greased bread pans, place the loaves. Allow the loaves to rise until double.
13) Place the bread pans, inside the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
14) Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes until it shrinks from the pan.
15) Allow to cool in pan.
16) Slice the bread and serve with bread spread or fruit jam.
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg2.3%
Sodium 499.4 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet