Challah Bread Stuffing With Mushrooms
|Hallah loaf||1 , sliced|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Button mushroom||1 Pound, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Matzo meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
1. Place the sliced hallah on baking sheets and cover. Allow to sit for 2 days until the bread is hard and stale.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your baking dish with a small portion of the butter.
3. Tear the hallah into 4 pieces per slice and gently sprinkle with water until the bread pieces are moist. Squeeze out the excess water of each piece and set aside.
4. In a large stockpot melt a 1/4 of the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the hallah pieces, matzo meal, and Italian parsley. Combine.
6. Add the chicken broth and beaten eggs. Combine well.
7. Place the stuffing in the greased baking dish. Take the remaining butter and dollop it on top of the stuffing.
8. Place uncovered in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the top of the stuffing is crisp.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com