|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mashed very ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use 3 Medium Sized)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Grease a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
2) In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
3) Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth
4) Add mashed bananas to the sugar mixture and blend thoroughly.
5) In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.
6) Add to banana mixture stirring just to moisten.
7) Transfer the batter to greased loaf pan.
8) Bake the bread at 350°F (180°C) in oven for about 1 hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9) Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes.
10) Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
11) Wrap to store.
12) Slice the loaf in desired size and serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2946 Calories from Fat 1569
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 177 g272.4%
Saturated Fat 67 g335.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg221.6%
Sodium 2691.1 mg112.1%
Total Carbohydrates 285 g95%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.9%
Sugars 51.4 g
Protein 56 g111.1%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C
Calcium 37.6% Iron 89.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet