Whole Wheat Bread Sweetened With Molasses
|Yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packets)|
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Or General Purpose)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees before baking.
2) In a bowl of lukewarm water, sprinkle the yeast and sugar. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, pour in scalded milk.
4) Add molasses, salt, shortening and the two cups of warm water into the milk.
5) Stir the mixture, until the shortening melts and the mixture turns lukewarm.
6) Add dissolved yeast and stir well.
7) Add the whole wheat flour to beat thoroughly.
8) In a white floured board, transfer the dough to knead for 5-10 minutes.
9) In a greased bowl, place the dough in a warm place by covering. Allow the dough to rise to its double size.
10) Punch down the dough and turn on a floured board.
11) Divide the dough in four pieces.
12) Form each piece into a ball, cover in plastic sheet, and allow to rise for another 15 minutes.
13) Form loaves from each ball.
14) In greased bread pans, place the loaves.
15) Allow the loaves to rise to double for 1 hour.
16) Place the pans inside the oven to bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
17) Allow the loaves to cool down at room temperature.
18) Serve the loaves with bread spread or fruit jam.