Pumpkin Tea Bread
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Take a mixing bowl, using a hand blender blend1 egg, butter and sugar. Then add second egg. Mix well. Add in pumpkin, rind and juice. Mix well.
4. In a second bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nuts and dates. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into pumpkin mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.