Merry Fruit Bread
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked or medium|
|Glazed cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts/Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat an oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Take a large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Whisk in sugar and oil. Now add in milk, vanilla and carrot. Stir well.
4. In a second bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, coconut, cherries, raisins and the nuts. Mix well.
5. Pour all the dry mix at once into butter mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.2%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.6 mg35.9%
Sodium 532.8 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 60.3 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet