|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavoring/Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts/Finely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° before baking the bread.
2) In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
3) In another bowl, beat in eggs, sugar, salad oil and vanilla.
4) Slowly add milk and beat in.
5) Add the flour mixture all at once and beat to a smooth batter.
6) Fold in nuts.
7) In a well greased (9x5x3) loaf pan, pour the batter.
8) Place inside oven and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
9) Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
10) Invert on rack to cool.
11) Wrap the bread with plastic sheet and stand overnight.
12) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of fruit jam.
Calories 807 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 61.3 mg20.4%
Sodium 591.8 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 43.7 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 41.9% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet