Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread
|For garlic butter|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried marjoram leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|French bread loaf/Italian bread - 2 loaves, about 14 inches long||2 (About 14 Inches Long)|
1. In a small bowl, beat together butter, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, marjoram and pepper until well blended.
2. Lengthwise cut each bread loaf into half.
3. Apply garlic butter on the cut side of the loaf.
4. Diagonally make cuts or slits on each loaf to get 1 inch thick slices.
5. On a cookie sheet, set the bread and cover loosely.
6. Place bread with the butter side up and broil at 4 inches from heat for about 8 minutes until lightly toasted.
7. Using a knife, separate the slices or pull them apart.
8. Serve Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread alongside your favorite soup.
For more flavourful Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread, keep the buttered bread for several hours before broiling.