White Bread Dough
|Vitamin c tablet||1⁄20 Gram|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (5 ml)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (Hand-hot, 43�C, 110�F, 100 ml)|
|Dried yeast||15 Milliliter (1 level tablespoon)|
|Lard||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Plain bread flour||3 Pound (1 1/2 kg)|
|Salt||15 Milliliter (1 level tablespoon)|
|Dried milk||60 Milliliter (2 rounded tablespoons, optional)|
1) In a small basin, dissolve the sugar in water and add the yeast. Place aside for 20 minutes until frothy.
2) In a bowl, combine the flour with lard. Add salt and dried milk, if using.
3) Pour in the yeast liquid and 800 ml (11 pints) of hand-hot water all at once.
4) With hands, combine the flour to prepare a soft dough. Add more flour if the dough is sticky.
5) On a floured board, turn out the dough to knead and stretch for around 10 minutes, to make firm and elastic.
6) In a covered bowl, oiled plastic bag or in a covered saucepan place the dough.
7) Keep in a warm place for 1 hour to rise or in the refrigerator overnight.
8) Flatten the dough and roll up like a Swiss roll; repeat.
9) Shape the dough as per the requirement and keep the dough covered until ready to use.
10) Use the dough to prepare bread by baking in oven.