|Sifted flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped, cooked|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Prepare a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan by buttering it. Set aside till required
3. In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together till they are well mixed
4. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar to form a thick yellow ribbony mixture.
5. Add the eggs to the same bowl one at a time and beat well to ensure that the mixture is uniform and well-mixed.
6. Carefully add the sour cream and vanilla to the egg mix and ensure that it is smooth and well blended.
7. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour till done.
8. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
9. Slice and serve with clotted cream and jam.
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg45.3%
Sodium 233.9 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet