Orange Tea Bread
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Candied orange rind||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream shortening with sugar to a fluffy mixture. Add egg and beat well.
3. Mix in sifted dry ingredients along with milk and orange juice, in turns, and beat to blend.
4. Add candied rind and stir well.
5. Transfer to a thoroughly greased 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
6. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, transfer wire rack, and cool well.
7. Store overnight and slice.
8. Serve Orange Tea Bread with coffee.