Baked Cranberry Nut Bread
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Orange rind||1 (From 1 Fruit)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Add water and orange juice to fill ¾ cup.
3. Mix grated rind and butter and stir until butter melts.
4. Beat sugar with eggs and mix in orange mixture with cranberries and nuts.
5. Sieve flour with salt and baking soda into orange mixture and stir well.
6. Transfer to a 9 X 5 X 3 inch greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Cool on a rack, store overnight, and slice into thin pieces.
8. Serve Cranberry Nut Bread with a cup of hot ginger tea.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2543 Calories from Fat 641
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.5%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g118.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276 mg92%
Sodium 1989.2 mg82.9%
Total Carbohydrates 439 g146.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.6%
Sugars 222 g
Protein 49 g99%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 186.8%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 72.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet