Carrot Raisin Bread
|Margarine/Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter with sugar to a light mixture. Beat in eggs.
3. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients to egg mixture along with rest of ingredients and mix well.
4. Transfer to a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan, thoroughly greased and lightly dusted with flour. Bake for 1 hour.
6. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, transfer to a rack, and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
7. Slice and serve the bread with cream cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3228 Calories from Fat 1494
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 166 g255.5%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1835.5 mg76.5%
Total Carbohydrates 426 g141.9%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.5%
Sugars 317.1 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 618.6% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 109.8% Iron 56.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet