Wheat Chex Applesauce Nut Bread
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat chex cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed to make about 3/4 cup|
|Chopped raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Grease an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large, dry bowl, sift together the first five ingredients.
4. Stir in the sugar, cereal, raisins and nuts. Keep aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and beat well with a wooden spoon, until well blended.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture.
7.Turn the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly on the tabletop to evenly spread batter and remove air bubbles.
8. Place pan on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 50 to 55 minutes.
9. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf is springy to touch, remove from the oven.
10.Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
11.Let cool completely.
12. Slice and serve with cream cheese or preserves.