Everyday Nut Bread
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (E-Z-Bake Variety)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped nut meats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Grease two 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pans with butter or oil and dust it with a little of the flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large-size mixing bowl or in a food processor bowl, sift the flour with the other dry ingredients.
4. In another bowl, blend together the eggs, milk and melted fat.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
6. Stir quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture and only until no dry flour is visible.
7. Stir in the nuts.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread. Tap pan lightly on the tabletop to spread evenly and remove air bubbles.
9. Place pan on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake bread for almost 50 to 60 minutes.
10. When the top is lightly browned and bread is spongy to touch or when skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean and dry, remove pan from the oven.
11. Let bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
12. Leave to cool completely.
13. Wrap in foil and rest overnight.
14. Slice and serve for breakfast with jam or preserves.