Banana Bread Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||150 Milliliter (2/3 cup)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Milk||75 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
|Coffee flavored liqueur||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons, Tia Maria or any other)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pan with butter or oil and dust it with a little flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a medium, dry bowl, sift flour with salt, baking powder and soda. Keep aside.
4. In a large-size mixing bowl, combine honey and butter.
5. Cream the mixture with a wooden spoon or electric beater until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs, a little at a time and blend well by beating after every addition.
7. Stir in the bananas and Tia Maria.
8. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, alternately adding milk, stirring quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture and only until no dry flour is visible.
9. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly on the tabletop to evenly spread batter and remove air bubbles.
10. Place pan/s on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 50 to 60 minutes.
11. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf is springy to touch or when skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean and dry, remove pan from the oven.
12. Let loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
13. Leave to cool completely.
14. Slice and serve with tea or coffee or with a cream cheese if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2784 Calories from Fat 986
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.2%
Saturated Fat 64.5 g322.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 883.8 mg294.6%
Sodium 3395.5 mg141.5%
Total Carbohydrates 394 g131.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.7%
Sugars 177.5 g
Protein 51 g102.1%
Vitamin A 75.2% Vitamin C 33.9%
Calcium 98.6% Iron 93.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet