|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 packages)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||8 Cup (128 tbs) (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. In a small saucepan, add the milk and heat it to scalding point. Take pan off the heat and cool to lukewarm.
2. In a small cup, add yeast to warm water and let stand for 10 minutes until frothy.
3. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon and set aside.
4. Grease three (9-inch X 5-inch) loaf pans.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk, margarine or butter, and sugar and salt.
7. Stir until sugar dissolves.
8. Add the eggs and dissolved yeast and blend well.
9. Stir the raisins into the mixture.
10. Add flour, a little at a time, and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended to form a dough.
11. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes. Alternately prepare the dough in a food processor or dough
12. Cover the bowl with a clean, damp kitchen cloth and set aside in a warm place to rise and double in bulk, about 1 ½ hours.
13. Knock out air by punching the dough with your fist and turn out onto a floured surface.
14. Roll out the dough into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle.
15. Brush the surface with milk and sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar.
16. Roll up tightly, starting at the longer end.
17. Divide the roll into three equal portions and shape each by tucking the open ends under the loaf .
18. Place each portion in a loaf pan, seam side down.
19. Brush loaves with a little melted butter.
20. Place the pans in a warm place and let loaves stand again until they rise, about 1 hour.
21. Place on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
22. When the crust is lightly browned and loaves sound hollow when tapped, remove from the oven.
23. Let cool in the pans for 5 minutes then invert onto wire racks.
24. Brush loaves again with butter.
25. Let cool completely before slicing.
26. Slice and serve with cream cheese or preserves.