Banana Spice Bread
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, well beaten|
|Bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pan with butter or oil. You can use two 8 1/2-inch X 4 1/2-inch X 2 1/2-inch pans if you like.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a medium, dry bowl, sift together first six ingredients. Keep aside.
4. In a large-size mixing bowl, combine honey, eggs, oil and banana mash.
5. Beat well with a wooden spoon until well blended.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture and only until no dry flour is visible.
7. Stir in the nuts.
8. Turn the batter into the prepared pan (or pans) and tap the pan lightly on the tabletop to evenly spread batter and remove air bubbles.
9. Place pan/s on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 50 to 60 minutes.
10. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf is springy to touch or when skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean and dry, remove pan from the oven.
11. Let loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
12. Leave to cool completely.
13. Slice and serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2013 Calories from Fat 450
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.1%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.4 mg107.1%
Sodium 2476.3 mg103.2%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.6%
Sugars 154.6 g
Protein 51 g101.3%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 98.3% Iron 79.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet