|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||5 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apricot butter/Prune butter||2 Tablespoon (Simon Fischer)|
1. Grease an 8-inch X 4-inch loaf pan with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large, dry bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
4. Stir in pecans. Keep aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat well with a wooden spoon, until well blended.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture and only until no dry flour is visible.
7. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly on the tabletop to evenly spread batter and remove air bubbles.
8. Place pan on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 65 to 75 minutes.
9. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf is springy to touch or when skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean and dry, remove pan from the oven.
10. Let loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
11. Leave to cool completely.
12. Slice and serve plain or with cream cheese or preserves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2504 Calories from Fat 830
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.1%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.1 mg78%
Sodium 3112.3 mg129.7%
Total Carbohydrates 353 g117.5%
Dietary Fiber 29.2 g116.7%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 64 g127.8%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 174.5%
Calcium 238.2% Iron 137.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet