|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||5 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apricot butter/Prune butter||2 Tablespoon (Simon Fischer)|
1. Grease an 8-inch X 4-inch loaf pan with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large, dry bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
4. Stir in pecans. Keep aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat well with a wooden spoon, until well blended.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture and only until no dry flour is visible.
7. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly on the tabletop to evenly spread batter and remove air bubbles.
8. Place pan on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 65 to 75 minutes.
9. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf is springy to touch or when skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean and dry, remove pan from the oven.
10. Let loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
11. Leave to cool completely.
12. Slice and serve plain or with cream cheese or preserves.