Apple Cinnamon Nut Bread
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granny smith apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
4. In another small bowl, whisk oil, egg, orange juice and vanilla.
5. Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
6. Into 4 greased and floured 2 1/2 x 5-inch baking pans spread half of batter.
7. Over the batter place a single layer of apple slices.
8. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over apples and spread over the remaining batter.
9. Bake 30 to 35 minutes such that a toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean and tops are lightly browned.
10. Cool bread in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes and transfer bread to wire rack to cool completely.Spread sugar mixture over it.
11. Store in an airtight container and serve as snacks or as desired.